Friday, March 14, 2014

It's Been A Full Year...!

As of March 13, 2014, I've been blessed to be free from cross-dressing for one year now.

I was lip-synching/reenacting this scene from "Silk Stalkings."  Looking back, I'm not sure what drove me to act out this particular clip.  It was a complete waste of time.  Maybe I was bored.




And may it continue.  (The cross-dressing, I mean.  The freedom from it, you know.)



Erica Andrews (1969-2013)
At about the same time I did my last dress-up, the famous drag queen Erica Andrews died of a lung infection in Chicago.  I didn't even know about this until a few weeks ago.  It was so sudden, and from such an unexpected cause of death in what seemed to be an otherwise healthy human...wow.





I was looking at the comments section of this tribute video for Erica.

"Rest in Paradise, Sister"
"God bless Erica she is now in a better place"
"the heavens have gained another angel"



Ooookay, let's be real for a moment.

"Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God?  Don't fool yourselves.  Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people - none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God.  (I Corinthians 6:9-10)

Honestly, I used to envy drag queens.  I was magnetized by their ability to project an artificial feminine image in front of desirous onlookers.  The idea of living full-time as one never appealed to me, since I didn't completely hate being a male (I still love women!).  So I was content with doing my own home-bound impersonation of women.  But I look at this video, seeing the life of the performer known to us as "Erica Andrews" lined up in three minutes...

...and then think of her--HIM--standing before Jesus Christ and his own eternity.

This fraudulent gender lifestyle just isn't worth it.

1 comment:

  1. on a day like today, this post actually breaks my heart.... I hope that you find kindness in your heart to let people live as they are.. and love everyone despite you disagreeing with their lifestyle...

    ReplyDelete