Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Married and Flirting? I HATE That.

Several years ago, I worked at a shipping office with a stunning young woman who flirted with me.  Of course, I began to notice her and returned her "eye-flirts" as we walked past or sat near each other around the office.  Whenever my eyes caught her pretty blue eyes, she'd quickly dart them away from me.  It was cute and playful, admittedly.  This happened for about a year, until the office closed.

So many times, I wanted to ask her out.  But I still lived at home, and something else prevented me from making such a move.  Even though I prayed one time for a relationship between her and me to bloom, I kept from advancing beyond "eye-flirts." 

When the Facebook era began, I looked her up.  What do I find?  The woman was already married.  With kids. 

In fact, she had been a married mother back when she was flirting with me.  I felt so betrayed and stupid.

Well, at least she digs the brothas, I thought, seeing her husband in some photos.

The damage was already done, though.  She was one of those women I could never have, not only because I would never see her again, but she was off the market, with children.  And if I couldn't be with a certain woman...yeah, you know.  Get out the wig and lipstick  This was a woman I even wanted to act out with help from a trans-friendly man.  (stupid and risky)

"But if [the unmarried] cannot exercise self-control, let them marry.  For it is better to marry than to burn with passion." I Cor. 7:9 NKJV

If it's in the Lord's will...I would REALLY like to have a wife.  A faithful one.  I want to stop objectifying them and begin serving them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment